Thursday, January 3, 2008

BRRRRRRR!

One of the great things about living in south Florida is the weather. Warm temps, nice ocean breeze coming from either east or west, being able to wear summer clothes and shoes year round...this is especially nice in the winter months when you know your family is battling the cold and snow.

Evidently Florida feels left out. It is frigging cold out right now! I got up early this morning to go for a walk/run, put on my shorts, t-shirt and sweatshirt, got the iPod ready and decided to check the temp. Uh, 35 degrees. Did I see that right? Rubbed my eyes a little and looked again. Nope, still says 35 degrees. That ended the morning excursion so I hung my head and went to the treadmill for 20 minutes. Thank goodness I didn't brave the swimming pool at the gym this morning (my gym's pool is an outdoor pool).

Oh, and bonus to this is since I am a tough Minnesotan who can handle the chilly temps, Brian and I did not turn on the heat yesterday thinking we would be fine. So, right now I am bundled up in sweats, sweatshirt and socks and look like I'm ready for snowmobiling. Lesson learned? Check.

Note to self: 35 degrees in Florida is the same as 35 degrees back home.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Yeah, it's chilly out there. I haven't broken down and turned on the heat yet. We'll see how the day progresses.

Shannon said...

I know it's cold when I put on socks (which I did today)! I only own a few pair but my little barefeet were purple walking around on all this tile. Now I'm slipping and sliding all over (stupid socks!).

Erin said...

Oh, I turned on the heat and it is 2 degrees cooler than what we set the air at and I love it. I wear socks and sweatshirts in the house year round so this is heaven to me. I can bundle up more and not be teased.