Monday, January 7, 2008

Coworker From HELL

Ah, work. The place where we spend a minimum of 40 hours per week. It's tough enough some days going to work when you know you have a million things to do, 90% which is pushing a deadline, and you are constantly being pulled in 10 different directions by attorneys and fellow coworkers. But then, to put the icing on the cake, there is the "Coworker from HELL." This girl drives me crazy! She is one of the drama queens who thinks her job is the most important in the office (it's not) and who has an excuse, albeit lame, for everything she either does wrong or doesn't do at all. AHHHHHHH! It was so nice these last two weeks since she was out of town on vacation but today, she came back in full swing. The atmosphere changed in the office from low key and laid back to highly tense and stressful.

Bonus: I am the lucky devil that get's to sit right next to her! How to deal...I tried zoning her out, then ignored her completely and finally just told her to get to work so she wouldn't be so behind. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Or maybe I should bring some duct tape to work and have some fun. I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Erin said...

That sucks. Luckily most of my office coworkers that used to drive me nuts no longer a) work in the same company or b) sit by me. I wish I had some good advice but honestly, I just kept a tab of stories running to tell Ryan when I got home and drank a lot. Good luck with her.

Shannon said...

That's the nice thing about teaching, you don't have co-workers in the true sense of the word. For most of my day, I am by myself. Well, that is if you can ignore the 18 annoying children who always seem to be hanging around.

I've considered your duct tape option, but the administration kind of frowns on it...

Ryan said...

That is why Jesus invented the 'back-o-the-hand'. Thou shalt use it or forever rot in hell.