Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Dear Inner Athlete,

First of all, I would like to say I'm sorry. I have not been a good friend to you these past few years. It's not that I didn't miss you cuz I really have but there have been too many other distractions and I just didn't have any extra room for you in my life. Okay, I'll be honest...I probably could have found some spare time here and there but the powers of the tv were too great. Sorry.

But all that is going to change, Inner Athlete, for I am dedicating this year to you. We are going to become best friends again: swimming, biking, even running if that's what you want to do. Anything for you. All I ask in return is that you keep the muscle soreness to a minimum and don't require more than two early morning workouts a week.

Please forgive me for my past laziness and poor excuses and let's make a fresh start together. We can be a team again. Now let's seal our friendship with a nice bowl of oatmeal.

Your BFF,
Crystal

1 comment:

Jess said...

Oh, that inner athlete can be a cranky bitch when neglected, huh?