Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Insomnia Attack

It's been a rough week so far. Since Sunday night, I have not been able to get a good night's sleep at all; right now I'm averaging 5 1/2 hours a night...I need a good 7 hours to feel human. Normally I can blame the excess caffeine, late night exercise or too much on my mind for lack of sleep but none of these seem to apply. I lie down for the night and....nothing, just stare at the ceiling. Getting a bit frustrated.

Any suggestions? Sleeping pills, hot bath, taping my eyes shut....I'm up for anything right now.

4 comments:

Dr. Sandman said...

2 tylenol PM half hour before bed.

Jess said...

I occassionally have the same thing happen. Usually it lasts a few days and then my sleep pattern returns to normal. It is often connected with PMS, for me.

Try the advil or tylenol PM, or just wait it out. It will pass.

Erin said...

I usually can fall asleep, it's just that I wake up in the middle of the night and then my mind starts racing and I can't shut it off. Sorry, no advice for falling asleep. If you have any advice for "staying" asleep, I would like that.

Jess said...

Crystal: Jerry was telling me that you're running the Rotary 5K on Sat in Ft. Lauderdale. I'm running that on Sat too! If you want, email me and we can plan to meet up before or afterward!

Best of luck with the race!