Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Dieter's Prayer

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want;
He maketh me to lie down on
vinyl-covered gym mats.
He leadeth me to flavored calorie-free waters;
He restoreth my goals.
He diverteth me from the path
of midnight snacking for my health's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the
Alley of the Vendors of Pastry, I will fear no weevil;
for thou art with me;
My diet and exercises, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me
Spread with veggies and low-fat protein;
Thou steameth my fish in foil,
My resolve runneth over.
Surely, if I follow this living plan
all the days of my life,
My hips will be slim forever.
Amen.

-Anonymous

3 comments:

Lesley said...

That is FANTASTIC! I love the idea of the Alley of Vendors of Pastry...well I don't love it (it's evil..) but it's very clever....

Good luck chuck.

Lesley x

Lesley said...

I've just caught up with most of your blog and wish you luck in all your endeavours. It seems to me that you're right - you've got the exercise thing down pat, just need o be a bit more focussed on the diet. Decide what you're going to do and stick with it for a bit. I know it's not easy to pick a route but if you don't you'll be dithering forever..

Good luck.

Lesley x

Just my first impressions...

Jess said...

That's awesome.