Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My New Toy

So, I didn't get the chance to mention that Brian got me a super awesome gift for Valentines Day..on top of the flowers and chocolate,which was sooo yummy and totally worth the splurge!

I'll give you a hint...

Yeah for me! It's a Garmin 305 with heart monitor! Now, I am even more excited to get out there and start running again. It's been quite a few days since I've made the time to do some running so I'm going to take it easy for a few days and get those muscles warmed up again and, hopefully by this weekend, I can work on my mileage again.

As for the 5K on Feb 24th, I have decided to stay out of this one and do the Race for Women's Wellness 5K on March 8th. I'm just not feeling the confidence to do one this weekend since I haven't prepared for it. Now I get a couple more weeks to get my butt in gear...and get this Garmin thing figured out.

5 comments:

Jess said...

I'm so jealous! I want to play with it.

MN Mom said...

You are really getting into this! You go girl!

Lesley said...

That IS an awesome present. I was just looking at one (the exact same model) belonging to my serious runner pal last weekend and was v v jealous. She loves it. Now I'm doubly v v jealous!! Think I'll have to get me one, one day...

Good luck working it out and you're going to have to do some serious running now!

Keep it up.

Lesley x

Erin said...

Maybe that is how Ryan needs to motivate me to start exercising-buy me fancy gadgets and apparel. Looks super cool Crystal. Let us know how it works and do not leave it alone with Jess, she might steal it!

Erin said...

AS IF you got a Garmin! That is so cool. I am very, very jealous!