Friday, February 22, 2008

"Twas a Good Run

I'm back in the saddle..yeah! After no running, and not much else in the terms of exercise, for the past 10 days I got my gear on last night to go for a nice walk. Walked for about a half mile and decided, "Screw this, I'm running."

It was one of my better runs, too! Wasn't expecting too much with the exercise gap but I got through the first mile with no hiccups. Legs felt great, no shoulder tension...one of those runs that just feel good. Stopped and did a fast-paced walk for 1/2 mile or so to catch my breath, found a good running song on the iPod and off I went again for another mile. I was feeling so good so I pushed myself to speed up and find a faster running pace and kicked it into high gear for the last half mile. Then cooled down with a speedy walk and some stretching.

Not too sore this morning, either so that's an added bonus. I'm hoping to squeeze in a gym workout today with some weights or hit the pool.

Happy Friday everyone!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Did yu use the Garmin and HR monitor too? I'm eager to know what you think of it!

Shannon said...

Could you do some exercise for me? I still haven't had the time (or energy) to try my pregnancy yoga video! Makes me feel energetic to read about you and Jess though - keep it up. :)