Sunday, February 10, 2008

Worst Run Ever!

After taking Fri and Sat off from any physical activity, I figured I was due for a nice run this morning. Weather was beautiful, about 70 degrees, nice breeze, patches of sun....so off I went. Yeah, I got about 3/4 of a mile and had to give up. Evidently, the time away turned by legs, shins, even ankles to mush and they just couldn't handle it so I gave up before I even really started. The shins hurt, even my quads hurt a little (shoulders feel good though!) so I'm a bit disappointed right now. I wanted to enter a 5K on Feb 24th but really wanted to have more mileage under my belt before then. Not sure what I'm gonna do. Maybe I will go to the gym later today and take it out on the ellipse.

Okay, I feel better. Got that rage out that I've been carrying around all day today. Feel so refreshed now! On another note, here are some goals for the week:

1. Clean house top to bottom. Parents are coming into town on Thursday and got to show them what a good little housekeeper I am. It's funny how even though I'm 30 years old I still want to impress my parents. This will be their first time seeing this house and I can't wait to see their reaction. So much nicer than the apt. we were in last year.

2. Give Wilson (my dog) a bath and get him all primped and pretty for his weekend with the Froyds.

3. Get running and swimming in this week (at least 2 days each).

4. Pack for Disney. Yep, taking my parents to Disney this weekend as they have never been there before. I'm looking forward to taking pictures of my dad with Goofy and Mickey.

I want to squeeze a haircut in there too. Need to squeeze that in after work, which means turning the car off autopilot on the ride home and making a stop for a much-needed trim.

Advice please...do I run the 5K on Feb 24th or train a little longer and do a different one on March 8th? Suggestions?

5 comments:

Erin said...

Personally, I would do the run on the 8th of March so you can get some good training in. With the relatives coming, your workout schedule will probably be interrupted and all of a sudden it's race day.

Annie needs a bath but is getting flea medicine instead. She is excited for Wilson to come visit. I think Jazzy is too. One more dog to pick on for that silly cat.

Ryan said...

I would say definetly do the one on the 24th IF your parents weren't coming. Since they are, you probably won't get much running in.....but sometimes after a weekend away, eating out, drinking beers, staying up late, a run is what is needed to get it all out of your system. I say run it, and if you don't feel like it, have Brian run it for you. He's good like that.

Jess said...

Don't let one bad run spoil your feeling about the 5K. Every once in awhile a bad run sneaks its way into your schedule and makes you feel all crappy, but usually, it is an isolated experience. Run another day this week, see how that goes, then decide.

And if you haven't yet registered for the race, you can always make a last minute decision.

miss petite america said...

i concur with jess.

Melissa Lars and Sofia said...

Hey! I've been checking in on your blog now and then since you sent me the link. You are pretty funny. Cool that your mom and dad are coming. I was remembering our days at Disney years and YEARS ago. What a trip that was. One I'll never forget. Post some pics from the visit with your parents. You have access to our blog too right? melissalarsandsofia.blogspot.com

Fun to hear about your daily life. you sound so nice and relaxed like your are really enjoying yourself in FL!!!! Very happy for you. lots of hugs, Missy