Tuesday, March 11, 2008

In a Bit of a Slump

I have been trying to be positive and get back on track with both the diet and exercise. Been making some long-term goals to meet by June along with some shorter weekly goals, mainly involving drinking more water, making more healthy eating choices (especially in the evenings) and regular exercise. Nothing too extreme.

I've decided to take the low road and blame it on the scale. That damn thing has not budged in about a month-just keeps fluctuating a couple pounds either way just to raise my insanity levels. I should just hide the evil contraption but then I'd have to put the blame on myself, which is probably where it should be. For instance,

1. I have not been sticking to a good eating plan. In fact, there is no eating plan with me. I had tacos and a side of nachos for dinner tonight (scrumptious but probably not too calories conscious) and have been drinking way more coffee than water. Bad girl!

2. Although I have been running every other night, I am not doing a wide range of activities on my off days like I used to. I think I need to create a workout schedule (yeah, project!) and incorporate that lovely gym membership I've been paying for back into the equation. Get some swim time, weights and cardio machines in there to spice things up.

3. Need a more definite exercise time. Before or right after work..otherwise I tend to talk myself out of it altogether.

I'm going to try and put my schedule together tonight and start fresh tomorrow. Still going to try and run tonight so I will get some calorie burning in or do an exercise video. Wilson could use a nice walk too.

Hope you all are doing a bit better than me this month!

3 comments:

Cara said...

A schedule ALWAYS helps. Good luck with it. Scales are LAME! haha :-)

Jess said...

Schedules do help, especially if there's a goal in mind with the scheduling.

Lesley said...

It's always a good idea to have a plan. Well done on recognising the problem, that's the first step. Good luck with finding the solution.

Lesley xx