Saturday, March 15, 2008

New Purchase


After much deliberation and internal discussions with myself, I finally decided to purchase the Mercury Mariner I've been eyeing up for the past year. I've had my Ford Focus for three years now and, though she has been very good to me, I felt it was time for an upgrade. I look forward to the automatic locks, windows and cruise most of all since my Focus did not have these lovely options. Ooohh, and sitting up higher so I'm better able to see who I'm cursing out in front of me when driving to and from work.

Now I just have to figure out all the buttons, gadgets and doo-hickeys. I think I'll get up early tomorrow and hang out in the new ride until I figure out how to work the damn thing. See, I love new gadgets but am not the most patient or gadgetly-inclined (like that one!) to fully appreciate their optimum uses. For example, still working on the Garmin watch I got...have yet to program a route in there and use the heart monitor. One of these days.....

My new cell phone arrives Monday. I feel a gadget overload heading my way.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Congrats on the new SUV. It's very sharp looking :)

The most important gadgets to figure out today:

1) Windshield wipers
2) Setting the clock and radio stations
3) If there are any tricks to opening the gas latch

All the rest are gravy :)

Lesley said...

I hear you on the gadget thing!! Once I get the hang of something, I use it all the time but I have this critical period with a new gadget where I either "get it" or I don;t. If I don't, I may as well put the new gadget in the bin and forget about it¬! So my husband now has to hold gadget seminars for me!!

He's about to pick up a Range Rover tomorrow which is absolutely chock full of gadgetry and it'll take me years to work out what's there let alone how to use it!!

Enjoy your new car and get going with the Garmin or send it to me!!!!

Lesley x

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new ride pumpkin! -meg

MN Mom said...

Good for you! I love it!

P.O.M. said...

Yeahhhhhhhh for a new car. My car is like 100 years old. Man I want a new one. So exciting!