Sunday, March 9, 2008

Wenches, Pirates and More

Since I had such a nice, relaxing day yesterday, today was the day for some action. So, BJ and I, along w/a couple friends, headed to the Renaissance Festival in Deerfield Beach. Now, if you have never been to this before, the two best things are the food and the people watching...and we got to enjoy plenty of both!

Some highlights were the Joust, this cool drum group (totally kicked ass), the Barely Balanced Acrobats and this guy who made a sandwich solely with his feet then had an audience member eat it-yummy! The people watching was spectacular, too. So many people dress up for this that sometimes it was hard to tell who was working there and who was just enjoying the festivities. Lots of little shops to buy all sorts of trinkets, swords, gowns, etc.

Today was the last day for it here in Florida so I'm glad we caught it before they hit the road. Weather was perfect although I do notice I am a tad bit pink from all the outdoor time. Hopefully I will get a nice base tan out of it.

Good times...maybe next year I'll wear a costume. Hmmm...all the choices....

5 comments:

Cara said...

Sounds like you had a good time! Woo hoo!

sunshine said...

A sandwich made by feet!?!?! Gross! (But I'm sure interesting to watch...) :)

Jess said...

The RenFest is fun, and you had good weather for it yesterday too! Personally, I like the pickles and the axe throwing. The people watching is pretty dang good too.

Erin said...

I was bummed to hear that we missed it this year. We have gone the last several years and enjoyed many of the things you mentioned (people watching and eating). I missed the big pickle last year so I hope the vendor was there and you ate one for me. YUM! oh and jester chips, a turkey leg, a gyro...

ThickChick said...

I'm jealous.... you got a little color! While it's decent here, I'm certainly NOT getting a tan yet! ;)