Saturday, April 19, 2008

Back in Action

So, I decided that today was the day to hit the gym again. It's been almost 3 weeks and I've only got in a walk here and there so I was definitely ready for some action. I managed 30 minutes on the elliptical machine and then hit the pool for 50 laps of freestyle/breaststroke. I didn't feel much pain on the ellipse but I could sure feel those sore muscles/ligaments in the pool. I'm a bit sore now but still feel good about going.

I'm hoping to dust off the Garmin tomorrow for a nice long walk-no running yet, I'm not quite ready for that yet. Have a great night everyone!

3 comments:

Erin said...

That's a pretty good pace to come back in with. Glad to hear you are feeling better and slowly healing.

Jess said...

Swimming is probably the best form of exercise to ease you back into a routine. It's a great workout but is easy on the joints. Glad to hear you were able to get it in.

Lesley said...

Well done for getting back to it. It's amazing how easy it can be to let the weeks slide by so 3 off afer an accident is not bad at all.

There is an open air pool near home here but we're having an arctic April so its not seeing much action as yet! Soon.... after I've done my half marathon next Sunday probably...

Keep it up

Lesley x