Monday, April 7, 2008

Back to Reality

After my chaotic week last week, it was almost nice to head to work today...in my lovely rental car. Actually, it's pretty comfortable and it's only for a month so I've decided to look at it as I'm saving the miles on my truck. The dealership came and picked up my baby today (yeah!) so, once they write up the service order and have me come in for some signatures, she can start her healing process.

Work went by pretty well today..probably due to a large portion of the staff being out today so I was on the phone a lot. Keeps me out of trouble, even though the clients are usually filled with unhappy news. It's a tough job to listen to everyone's misfortunes but every once in awhile I get a real SOB who screams and yells and then I get to have some fun!

The neck is still a bit sore but my concern is the arm. Still very sore and hurts whith excessive movement in the shoulder, elbow and wrist. I must have strained those poor ligaments pretty good. I'm trying to be a patient person but I really want to get back into my exercise routine again. Maybe I'll just do some stretches or lower body workout. Don't want to put pressure on the arm and do further damage.

Tonight I'm just going to take it easy and probably read a couple chapters in my book and clean the kitchen. Hopefully I will have some more goals lined up for tomorrow.

Later gators!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm not sure clean the kitchen should be included in your take it easy, relax and read list... but that's just me. I haven't cleaned my bathrooms in 3 weeks and my toilets are starting to mold. Ah, one of the days...

Jess said...

What kind of rental car did you get?

P.O.M. said...

Oh man - hang in there. I hope your arm is ok.

Thanks for the kind words.

sunshine said...

I'm with Shannon... I think your neck is too sore to be cleaning a kitchen... :)

Crystal said...

Jess: I have a grayish blue Dodge Caliber. It's an okay vehicle but has not power windows or locks-back to square one!

Erin said...

Crystal's my kinda of relaxer! I had a similar conversation with Jess this weekend that said I was going to be a sloth on Sunday after I dusted and cleaned the floors. Cleaning is theraputic. Plus, in my world it counts as exercise.