Monday, April 21, 2008

Hello Monday

I always hope for good things on Mondays cuz I think they get a bad rap sometimes. I'm starting to realize that the bad rap is well-deserved. Work....ah work. It's a tough relationship we have had as of late. I could tell we were in the full moon range on Friday and today's phone calls were not much better. If I had known there would have been so much phone time, I probably would not have taken the job. Now, I'm in a dilemna. I work for a well-known company with great opportunity for growth down the road (if I ever left the state, that is) but do I want to hang onto the job for that possibility one day or do I look for something better now? I suppose it never hurts to look so I should at least keep my eyes open, huh.

The good news was I got to leave early for a dentist appt...was just supposed to be a routine filling. Ha! After the dentist got halfway through, he stated the cavity had made its way to the root and I would be needing a root canal. Just what I was hoping to avoid. Not because they are so terrible but due to my job. See, my wonderful office manager does not let us take an hour or two off when needed; we have to take a half day off whenever we need to leave. That really eats into personal and vacation time when you have lots of doctor/dentist appts. It's just so frustrating since I have my heart set on going home for Christmas and this accident and all these appts are making my trip shorter and shorter.

So, tonight I'm taking it easy since the dental work has given me a raging headache that I can't shake. I'm going to hit the gym again tomorrow and try to get myself back on a schedule again. I'm missing my routines. later gators

6 comments:

sunshine said...

"The good news was I got to leave to go to a dentist appointment..." Geez... if that's good news... ;)

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. Hope your heal up quickly and are back full-swing quickly.

Heather said...

thanks for the note on my blog!

I completely understand about your work situation..I feel the same way about my job. hang in there!

Jess said...

Sucks about the root canal! Especially if you have to take half a day's vacation to have it done!

Lesley said...

It takes me back to a stage when I had a lot of dental stuff done. It wasn't particularly painful but stressful and tiring and, as you say, ate into my work and social life. I feel for you babe.

Hope you have a better rest of the week.

Lesley x

Cara said...

Maybe if the dentist appt is good news that means it is time to leave the job. hahaha. :-)

Erin said...

I hate when places make you take half or full days. Sometimes you only need 2 hours-it's not like you won't make it up or adhere to it. Stupid work places.

We are supposed to operate that way but I control my employees time and do what I want. Heck, I don't even make them log it most of the time. I know they work hard when they are here. I know, you are surprised I am nice to my employees. So am I some days.