Friday, April 11, 2008

iPod Dilemna

I've had my iPod Nano for a little over 2 years and it seems that, in this short amount of time (and only 3 months after the warranty has expired) it has decided to start crapping out on me. I admit that I do use it on a regular basis...car, exercise, even at work...but I did expect a music device with this price tag would have a longer shelf life than 2 years. I have gone through 2 sets of headphones, which I believe are about $30 each and now the iPod's battery seems to be going bad. Even if I charge it overnight, the battery never fully charges and it loses steam after a few hours whereas it used to last a full day or more without recharging-this being if I use it at work all day and for exercise in the evening.

So, my dilemna is-do I send it in to Apple so they can charge me $60 to recharge the battery (which takes about a month) or do I dish out more moola for a bigger iPod with more memory and forget the little guy. I could always go with a different MP3 player but, already having iTunes installed, I don't want to have to start a song list from scratch.

Decisions, decisions....

3 comments:

Jess said...

Don't spend $60 to recharge the battery. You can buy a Sansa clip that has 2 GB of memory for less than $60. And I haven't had an MP3 device last a full 2 years yet, so the fact that it lasted this long, is a tribute to it, not a failing.

Cara said...

I say buy a new one...

My nana is almost 2 years old now.... and it is slowly dying but I use it a TON. Prob about at least 6 -8 hours a day during the week. So I have to say I definitely used it for all it is worth already. haha.

Oh also I got mine as a present so I will not be as bummed when it craps out. Except that I will prob have to actually buy one at that point. haha.

Shannon said...

I'd say buy new. I have had 2 Creative Zen's that I've loved (nothing was wrong with the first one, I just wanted a bigger one) in case you want to leave iPod. :)