Monday, April 14, 2008

Where does the time go?

Do you ever have things you say you want to do or places you want to go but you never seem to fit them in? I sure do. I'd love to fit them all in but it's amazing how quickly time flies by...I can't believe we are already half way through April!

So, some of my ponderings were:

- I want to start bike riding again. I used to do bike ride on a regular basis in high school and my early college years but just stopped doing it once I left MN (and my bike was stolen). I think it's time to jump on once a week or so and try to find some bike trails here in the flatlands.

-Kayaking. Love, love love to kayak. Just don't like the expense of a good kayak but I'm hoping to get one soon so I can paddle out and enjoy the ocean, and it's a great arm workout.

-More beach time. I don't even have to be in the water, just chilling on the beach and listening to the waves is enjoyable for me. I only live about 25 minutes from the beach and haven't been there in 2-3 months. It's tough when the evenings fly by so quickly and sometimes weekends are filled with errands or laziness. Now that it's warming up here again (low 90's over the weekend), it's time to set some time aside and get out there.

-Kickboxing. I would like to take some good kickboxing classes. Now, I'm not talking about cardio kickboxing at the gym where it's just different movements. I want the punching bags and drill sargeant instructor, too. These classes are all over but I am trying to find some where the prices are sky-high.

I'd like to start training for another race, too, but I really need to let the body finish healing before I start that. Alrighty, time to skeedaddle and take Wilson for a walk. Later gators!

2 comments:

Jess said...

All of those things sound fun to me! If you find an inexpensive kickboxing class, I'd gladly go with you. I'd like to hit something.

Cara said...

I want to try real kickboxing as well! Also bike rides, but I don't have a bike right now and can't afford one. Boo.