Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Yippee for May!

After moving around like an arthritic slug for most of April, I am ready to get out of this slump and get back into action. Don't get me wrong, I did manage to squeeze in a couple swims, couple gym workouts and walks aplenty, but nothing compared to the routine I would have liked. However, I am feeling rested and the muscles seem to be working pretty well post-accident so I think it's time to break out those workout clothes and get back in gear.

Time for some May fitness goals:

1. Run 3 times per week. Adriana and I are starting our running sessions again next week since her midterms will be over so I am dedicated to at least 2 running sessions with her per week. Can't wait to have my running buddy back!

2. Swim 2-3 days per week. I'm not going to put a definite time limit here because I am going to work on distance. I would like to be able to swim 5 miles in an hour, which is 150 laps (down and back in 25 meter pool). Swimming is great for the joints and burns approx. 900 calories per hour. Not too shabby.

3. Fix the bike tire(yep, haven't done that yet) so I can start biking this weekend. I may even pull out the roller blades but need the tires rotated.

4. Some type of gym workout at least 3 days a week. This will probably coincide with the pool time.

5. Portion control. I need to watch what I'm eating but also the amount of food.

I'm pretty excited to get back in the swing of things. I have been feeling like a slug for so long, it'll be nice to shake things up again. The good beach time is right around the corner and I am sooo not ready yet.

P.S. Also, for those of us going on the cruise, there's only 294 days to get prettified (yep, I counted) and I want to look good for this trip. Later gators!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Portion control - that is totally my problem lately! Good plans!

Jess said...

Good luck with the May resolutions!

Heather said...

great goals! I wish you luck in achieving them.

Thinking Thin said...

Thanks for stopping by my neck of the woods. Where you at in Florida?

I can relate to the slug. I have so been a slug since I got back from my traveling spree.

Shannon said...

My fitness goals? Hmmm. I don't have any. Maybe I better get me some fitness!