Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Back to Running

Yeah! I'm so excited to be back in the running game again. I did get myself out for a run last night and it went pretty well. I think I did about a mile and a half and then walked a half mile. It was about 9:20pm before I got myself out the door so I tried to get in as much as I could before it got too late. For these late runs, I usually try to stick to my neighborhood and have only almost been run over twice, which is pretty good odds, I guess.

Today, Adriana and I had our first running date since February. We went down to Deerfield Beach and ran along the beachfront and then off down A1A for a total of 4.5 miles. I can't believe how much of a difference asphalt and concrete are..I get much more sore from jostling on the concrete compared to my runs on asphalt. I do so love running along the beach, though, so I will take my sidewalk running with a smile. It was a pretty good run for us being out of commission for so long but we definitely have a long way to go.

Now it's time to relax a bit and get ready for my evening shows-Deadliest Catch and Workout-yeah!

5 comments:

Jess said...

Did you start at the pier in Deerfield and run north? There's a great path there that runs along A1A -- it's wide and asphalt, and it's luxurious.

Crystal said...

Yep, we headed that way for a change. I think it's much better than running on the sidewalk along the beachfront. That was the first time I've run while the sun was still beating down, even at 5:30 it was still pretty hot for me.

Thinking Thin said...

One of these days I would like to actually try to run. I think the last time was in high school when we were forced to.

I wanted to thank you for your well wishes :).

Cara said...

good job on the run. I never noticed a difference with concrete and asphalt but now I am going to pay attention. heh

JavaChick said...

My husband complains when we are driving along and see people running on the side of the road instead of the asphalt in our neighborhood. But I get it - concrete is hard and you feel it when you run. Husband doesn't seem to think that is a good excuse, but then, you'd never catch him voluntarily running. The roads are wide in our neighborhood, not a big deal.