There never seems to be enough time in the day to get everything done; and to top it off, I'm a great procrastinator so this makes getting things done even more nerve wracking. These past few weeks have been pretty good on the exercise front, but while making time for exercise, I have pushed away some time for other projects I had lined up.
I really want to do that spring cleaning on the house, ya know, before summer hits. The house is usually pretty clean but could use that quarterly deep clean including cupboards, windows, cleaning furniture, dusting and organizing the dreaded closets. These have been on my to-do list for quite some time and I just keep putting them off every weekend. The plan was to take a Sat or Sun, get up early and keep going until I was done. Now May is half over and I haven't even started!
I also had some small projects I wanted to undertake:
- organizing all my photos into photo albums, right now they are a jumbled mess.
- complete the scrapbook of my sister's wedding. that's been on the list for over a year.
- fix my watches. one just needs a new battery and another needs the band fixed since a screw came out but i never get around to taking them in.
- um, study for that freaking LSAT. the books are starting to collect dust.
- join a running group so i can get out of my 2-3 mile rut.
- kickboxing classes
- fix the tire on my bicycle
....and the list goes on and on.
Part of the problem is that I'm a thinker more than a doer. I can plan and make lists but getting me to do those things can be a challenge. Maybe I need to tackle one project a week until I whittle that baby down. What do you think? Any good ideas on how to find some more time in the day, besides giving up sleep, that is.
Hope everyone had a good Monday. Mine was pretty good for a change. Maybe it's because I didn't try to make it good, I just accepted the cards I was dealt today. Now if I can just get the rest of the week to work out that way. At least there's that long weekend to look forward to...