Sunday, May 25, 2008

It's Baby Time!

A shout out to one of my favorite girls, Steph, on the healthy delivery of her baby girl, Bailey Marie on 5-23-08. I'm so excited for her and can't wait to come visit the little tyke.

Baby fever is definitely in the air this year. I have 3 more good friends who will be having babies this year, another one should be coming any day now...yeah! I am going to have so much fun visiting everyone and bringing goodies. This can give me some practice in case I ever decide to take the baby plunge (calm down BJ, not in the near future).

It's been a pretty good weekend so far. Friday night was spent hanging out with friends and watching a group of them play Rock Band while I drank some refreshing malted beverage. Good times. Saturday, the gang got together for the Memorial Day BBQ bash. We had a great time: lots of good food whereby I ate enough for three people (snicker salad rocks) and we hung out by the pool and enjoyed ourselves until the torrential rainstorms sent us indoors. Never a dull moment!

Today was my relaxing day in the pool. I think I logged in about 6 hours in that bad boy and hoping I can do the same tomorrow. As you can tell, I said screw it to the cleaning list I had; I couldn't help it, I could hear the pool calling my name. I'm hoping for some more pool time tomorrow, too. Brian is doing well and enjoying seeing family and friends he hasn't seen in the two years we have been in Florida.

That pretty much sums up my weekend so far. I think it's time to crack open another book with my cup of cappuccino and relax. Hope everyone is having a spectacular weekend.

4 comments:

Cammy said...

I'm so glad you're having a nice, relaxing weekend! Here's hoping it continues!

Kelly O said...

girl what is snicker salad?
I love coffee, espresso, cappucino....thank God whoever discovered the coffee bean.
;-) I'm enjoying the weekend here in Chi-town. Its actually LOVELY weather!! Yea!!

Jess said...

I think we're at "that" age -- the breeding age -- and getting pregnant is out of our power. Careful how Brian looks at you.

Erin said...

It's a good thing you put in the disclaimer or Brian might have decided to stay at home! Just kidding.

I am jealous you got in that much pool time but I can't complain too loudly. I think I got in at least that much couch time. I am rested and ready to think about leaving the house today for a little bit. Ryan wants me to move around and get this baby moving. I agree but that thought of my water breaking in a store is not ideal.