Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Seeing Progress

Weigh-ins: nearly every morning

Measurements: first of the month in the a.m.

What else? Why not pictures!

Two years ago, I took some pictures of myself to get a good idea of my progress. I just found those pics on Sunday and decided to take a new batch to see where I'm at. I'm happy to say there was much improvement. The waist is smaller, hips are smaller, even my face looks less like a giant melon. I've decided to take pics every couple of months to track my progress even further. Sometimes I can fool myself in the mirror but those photos tell no lies (unfortunately). Sorry, will not be posting those bad boys; I'm not that brave.

So, what have I done to with all my good energy and additional motivation from those pics? Notta. I have not been out for a run, workout session or swimming at all this week. Just could not get myself in the exercise zone and tonight is bowling so, unless I go for a run when I get home, today may be a bust, too. We shall see how it all goes. I'm just taking it easy this week and not going to worry about it and I will get back on track next week. Scouts honor.

Happy hump day everyone!

9 comments:

eurydice said...

pictures are a great idea :) i hate seeing pictures of my heavier self, but it's nice to compare them to pictures now to see how far i've come.

Erin said...

That is so great that you are seeing progress!

I am always shocked by how much my face changes with weight gain and loss when I look back at pictures.

Thinking Thin said...

Aww come on you can show us the pictures :)

Lesley said...

I was always out there with the pictures but appreciate that not everyone wants to do that. As long as they help you, that's all that matters.

Take a few days off the exercise but keep blogging and reminding yourself what you're doing because a week can easily become 2 and then 3 (I know, I've been there). Just do a little something to keep the routine going, even a walk is better than nothing.

Have fun in the sun.

Lesley x

Erin said...

Sounds like a solid plan. Pictures are evil-that's why you don't see many of them in my house. I just go to Jess and Jerry's to remind myself of my largest days. They are on their fridge as if they use it as a reminder when they go for a midnight snack to keep out of the fridge. LOL!

Heather said...

sounds like you are doing great! I always like to compare myself in pictures as well. I think its important to look for differences in yourself, it helps to keep you motivated.

Jess said...

Pictures are a smart idea. But, now you HAVE to read Lancaster's "Such a Pretty Fat" because her description of taking pictures as a measurement is hilarious!

Ryan said...

I think you should sell all your scales on ebay and buy a certain someone rims for his truck.

P.O.M. said...

I find pictures are very motivating! And it's fun to see progress.

Do we get to see them???