So, I've been tagged to share a bit. I usually never have a problem rambling on about myself but when put on the spot, it's amazing how hard it can be.
Here's the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names, linking to them.
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
Let's see here...
1. I grew up on a large farm in northern Minnesota. Contrary to what you may see on tv, it was quite a normal existence. We have lots of cattle, horses, a pig every couple years and we used to have chickens when I was young. I learned to combine and drive tractor when I was about 8 years old (yep, we start them young!) and pretty much worked my butt off throughout my younger years. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. I think I learned my morals and challenged myself even more by growing up that way. You definitely learn to work for what you want.
2. I used to have a pet rabbit named Cocoa. My mom and I were garage sale shopping in Bemidji, MN one summer while I was in college and one of the homes had rabbits for free. Free! Yep, I picked the cutest one and we took him home and ran to the store for supplies. $100 later, not such a cheap bunny. He lived with me until my roommate and I got a dog and then the rabbit was sent to live with my parents.
3. This one is kinda gross. Know how some kids like to eat butter right from the butter dish? Well, when I was a kid of about 6 or 7, I used to eat Crisco shortening right out of the jar. Don't even ask. I still, to this day, wonder what I was thinking.
4. I'm trying to up my swimming regimen so I can swim around Key West. They actually have an event where you swim around Key West from one end to the other. I need lots of practice yet but I think I can do it.
5. I love the military and my goal after graduating high school was to join the Navy and become a fighter pilot. My uncle sent me all these books and pamphlets (he's a retired Air Force pilot) and I studied all of them. But, when the time came to take the plunge, I headed for college instead. I still think about where I would be if I had gone down the other road.
Alright, so I'm going to tag Kelly O. , Cara, JavaChick, Heather, and Cammy