Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Are We in Junior High Again?

This is what I had to ask a fellow colleague today at work. It was late this afternoon and all of a sudden we hear the conference room door slam shut and the yelling began. It seems that some of the ladies were upset because a group of us girls went out a few Saturdays ago for a girls night on the town...they weren't invited cuz, well, they are really not our friends. Apparently, they took offense to this and have been giving a couple of girls a hard time. So, the manager got involved and rounded up the group and put them in the conference room for a free-for-all shouting match. Glad I was on the outside of that. My friend, N, said nothing got accomplished but she was told by the instigator of this fiasco that she should be slapped across the face. What?!! This rude-ass lady is in her mid-forties and acting like this..gee, wonder why you weren't invited?

See, this behavior baffles me and this is not unusual for my lovely place of work. In my opinion, we all do not have to be friends and hang out on the weekends. There are going to be people you really don't care for at work and there is nothing wrong with that. I think it's ridiculous that this discussion (fight) even took place. We are not in junior high, we don't have to like each other, we just have to work together with some level of respect for one another. Good luck with that!


So that was my work day today. On a better note, my iPod finally went caput (w/Brian's help) and he was such a great fella that he bought me a new one. Yeah! It looks just like this one. Now I just need some new running shoes and I will have completed my motivational tools to increase my running time and distance (um, yeah..okay). I might try it out this evening if the rains subside. If it's still raining, I think I will just put in a workout tape and stay indoors for the night. I definitely have to get some type of workout in since BJ and I went out for dessert last night...I bet I consumed 1000 calories just in my half alone. That should only take about 20 hours of exercise to work off, right?

later chicas

12 comments:

ashley said...

That story is crazy. I just can't believe grown women would act like that! Did they think it would get them invited? Wow!

Erin said...

As if they got all upset about that. No wonder no one wanted them there! And that is so embarassing that they dragged it into work. Yay for new ipods!

Kelly O said...

Those women at your company are LAME. Pathetic. Scary. But I see it far too often. It's time to GET A LIFE.
;-)

Jess said...

Some people suck. But "yay" for the new iPod! It looks rad.

Cammy said...

I love my gender, but we really do some strange things. :)

Love the new ipod!

JavaChick said...

Wow. Crazy. Glad you didn't have to be in on the meeting. Sounds pretty ridiculous.

Enjoy the iPod!

eurydice said...

that is random - that work story. i would never hang out with people from work... i see them all the damn day!

Heather said...

wow...but we have similar situations at my job. it amazes me that professional adults can still act like children sometimes.

sunshine said...

whoa... sounds like you work with some crazies. :)

So jealous about your new iPod. I just can't justify gettiing the cute, new, little one when my current nano works just fine. Enjoy!

sunshine said...

Hey -- My abdomen and I have a history... Thanks for your concern, though!

Check it out, if you're up for a read (May 18, 06):

http://littleraysofsunshine.blogspot.com/2006_05_01_archive.html

P.O.M. said...

That is just very weird. I hate work drama like that we have a TON of it here (all women company). Whenever they want to plan a night out, I usually have "other plans." ha ha.

Shannon said...

Whoa - definitely some high school related drama! As much as I love women and am very glad that I am on, sometimes working with women can be a challenge - why is that??