Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Insomnia Strikes Again

I am so friggin tired today. But it's one of those tired moments where you are so overtired you cannot even attempt a nap to rest up cuz the eyes just won't shut. I think I've had about 5-6 hours of restless sleep in the last couple of days, which wouldn't be so bad if I were still in my college days but I can't handle it in the real world. I'm hoping I've worn out all my excessive thinking-about-everything-and-nothing by now and I can get a good night's sleep tonight.

I did manage to hit the pool last night for an hour's worth of laps. No counting...just worked on conditioning my strokes and making them more fluid so I can cut through those waves like a speedboat next year. I worked on the freestyle, backcrawl, breaststroke and butterfly. I'm feelin' it in the shoulders and quads today. I was planning on going for another swim session tonight but the weather is not being cooperative today. Summer is here and with it has come the rainy season. I hear the thunder as I type so I may have to resort to an indoor workout tonight.

That's all for today. My fingers hurt and I'm getting cranky. later chicas

6 comments:

Jess said...

I would sink to the bottom of the pool if I had to rely on the butterfly. I seriously look like a spaz doing that stroke.

Too bad about the lack of sleep. Is there a known cause? Too much brain action?

Crystal said...

Yeah, I'm thinking it's too much brain action. I'm lying there thinking about all the things I should be doing instead of lying in bed. Got the to-do list haunting me.

scottie said...

hey, if you can't get to sleep try this new type of dissolving strip sleep aid www.quick2sleep.com they really work and make you fall asleep fast but it is all natural.

Scottie

Cammy said...

Swimming is one of those exercises that wears me out completely. I can always count on a good night's sleep after a swim.

Here's hoping you get some much needed (and well-deserved) rest really soon!

Erin said...

I normally am a victim of the over active brain making lists at night. Now, it's listening for the munchkin that keeps me awake. In 20+ years when he is grown up, married, has a job, and is safely tucked in his own home, I hope to get a full nights sleep without worry. Who am I kidding, 30+ years if he follows in his mother's footsteps.

JavaChick said...

Aw! :(

Hope you manage to get a good night's sleep soon.