Sunday, June 29, 2008

Life is Good

Well, the knee is getting better already (yay!). The bruising has started to set in but I'm not limping anymore and the pain is minimal unless I do a lot of moving around so I'm hoping to get back to the swimming tomorrow or Tuesday. Today was a pretty relaxing day here. I took Wilson for a walk this morning, made breakfast for Brian and myself, read the Sunday paper and cleaned the house..all before 10am. Then, I hung out in the pool with a good book for the afternoon relaxing with a nice cold drink at hand. Yep, got the floaty toys with the built-in cup holder-doesn't get much sweeter than this my friends!

So, since I'm in a good mood today, I've been thinking about the little things that make me smile. Sometimes you just have to appreciate the little things, they are what really make life special. Here's a few of mine:

1. That first cup of coffee in the morning when I get to work. Scrumptious.

2. Seeing Wilson's excitement to see me when I get home. He's such a sweet, little monster!

3. Law & Order Criminal Intent episodes on Sunday evenings. I am addicted to this show and love getting 3-4 episodes on my Sunday nights.

4. The new car smell. Can't be replicated with an air freshener.

5. Knowing my sister and mother are coming to visit in 3 months.

6. Activia yogart with almond slivers.

7. Cold Stone cake batter ice cream.

8. My iPod..what did I do without this?

9. Waterproof mascara

10. Monthly massages

Life is good.

6 comments:

Jess said...

I second #7. That shiz is heaven.

Kelly O said...

that is so funny that you posted this stuff, at church today they were talking about why we as adults stop saying "WOW" to the every day things....I try to always look around and be grateful for everything. You inspired me to post on this again.

N.D. said...

I love your list. It is such a great thing to stop and think what things make you happy. Love 7 and 8, totally agree. How is that activia yogurt? I'm not a big yogurt fan, but trying to become one.

Heather said...

that is a great list! nothing beats that first cup of coffee in the morning!

Cammy said...

Life is good, even if I don't have a pool. :)

carla said...

i am all about number one.

Id say it's sad but I own it :)

MizFit