Sunday, June 15, 2008

Procrastination Wins

I never learn. I am a procrastinator down to the core of my being and I just never learn to do things in a timely manner. Case in point: I'm on thyroid meds and I have about 8 days worth of pills till I'm out. No problem...no reason to panic. Now, I've had the prescription filled since May but I have to get these meds via mail order so I put off sending them out until Friday. I express mailed the damn thing for $20 extra bucks. Why you ask? Well, on Thursday I dropped the bottle of pills in the sink and when I went to take one on Fri, they were nothing but a pile of orange goo. Seems some water got in when I dropped it and that's the end of my 8-day supply. Now, if I had not procrastinated, I would be fine. Now I'm SOL for a week. Procrastination 1, Crystal 0.

Besides my pill drama, it has been a nice, relaxing weekend. I did a lot of house cleaning and laundry on Saturday and enjoyed the pool as much as I could without getting crispy. I made it out for a 5 mile walk/run interval training session this morning and the humidity seemed to be a bit better. I was only sweating small buckets when I got home instead of the big ones. Good times.

Now I think I finish some household chores, take Wilson for a walk and get a little reading in this evening. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

3 comments:

Cammy said...

I procrastinate with my prescription, too. Can your doctor's office call in a 10-day supply for you?

Good for you on the walking! I'm headed out to earn my own small buckets of sweat now, but I'm going by bike in hopes that I'll catch a breeze on the downhills. :)

Jess said...

The early morning is the key, but I can never motivate myself to get up early. Instead, I go out in the late evening and suffer for it.

Ashley said...

I'm a terrible procrastinator, too. I'd work on it, but, well, that would take energy...