Friday, June 20, 2008

Quiet Night at Home

Yeah, it's Friday..and the first day of summer! Since Brian is out with the guys tonight, I'm going to have a nice, quiet night of relaxation. I think a nice bubble bath with a good book (I'm currently reading The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett) and I want to watch The Other Boleyn Girl too, if I don't get too engrossed in the book.

I managed a run/walk interval training yesterday morning at the ass-crack of dawn. It went pretty well. I start out with 5 minutes walking, then running and slowly increase the running time to 10-15 minutes with 5 minute walking intervals in between until I run out of time and have to head home. The running seems to be getting better so I'm going to start phasing out some of the walking sets and work on my distance.

Bowling was last night and I am pleased to report there was plenty of Bud Light to go around. However, this did not improve my game into superstar status so I guess it's up to me to keep practicing or find a lucky shirt/hairpiece, etc. My scores were: 116, 114 and 138. Erin came out to cheer us on last night and brought some delicious caramel bars she made, so yummy.

I think I'm going to take tonight off on the exercise front and hit the pool tomorrow morning if it's not raining. The rain has been quite the deterrent this week when it comes to swimming since the pool is outdoors. If no swimming, then I will just hit the gym.

Have a great weekend everyone.

5 comments:

Erin said...

I personally think anyone that breaks 100 in bowling is a rock star because I stink at it. I normally bowl only for the social aspect (and of course the drinks).

I was glad to get out of the house last night. Thanks for letting me talk your ear off. As for the bars-I am pretty pleased with myself. They turned out and were delicious. I will have to make them for our next gathering.

Enjoy your book. I think I am going to try to finish up one of the ones I started before Miller was born.

Cammy said...

Hey, those are respectable bowling scores! (I have to say that because that's about what I bowl. *G*)

Hope you have a delightful evening in and even better weekend!

Jess said...

Pillars was pretty good, but I didn't love it enough to read the sequel. Jerry did though and he liked both books.

I want to see The Other Boleyn Girl b/c I'm curious to see how it compares to the book, but you'll have to give me a review and let me know if it's worth it.

Ashley said...

Ah, bowling. The last time my boyfriend and I went, we scored a collective 15 gutter balls. Because that's how we roll. (wow, pun seriously not intended.)

Shannon said...

Sounds like fun you gals had fun at bowling - can't wait till I'm home so I can come out and visit too!