Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Rainy Day

It has been raining steady all evening so I have made the decision to halt any exercise activity for the day. I declare today a rest day! To be honest, I was debating this all day. I went swimming last night and got in 100 laps and, let me tell you, my arms freaking hurt today. All this swimming is the most exercise my arms have seen in a long time. I could barely move when I got home and felt pretty stiff today so having the rain sticking around for the night is a good thing, I think.

So, what am I doing with my fun-filled evening? Why, I'm enjoying a good book with a nice Bud Light. Couldn't help it, the drink literally jumped in my lap and demanded to be drunk. OK, maybe I'm exaggerating but that's what I'm telling myself. So, I'm off to continue my reading for an hour or so and then I'm off to bed. I did manage to get a good night's sleep last night..I think I finally tired myself out. Hoping the refreshing Bud Light will lead to another restful night.

Peace out homies!

8 comments:

Erin said...

OK, you are a superstar - I am so jealous of you and your swimming. Seriously, 100 laps is major workout! Good for you! Lately I have been at TOTAL workout slacker, but I am telling myself that I will get back on track when I go on holidays.

Ryan said...

well, I just hope that nasty bud light doesn't give you the runs while you sleep.

Jess said...

Don't listen to Ryan; he doesn't know his ass from his elbow. Bud Light is the elixir of the gods.

Whatcha readin?

Cammy said...

Oh yeah, after that many laps, a rest day was definitely called for! Glad you found "a friend" to enjoy it with. :)

Erin said...

One Bud Light is like drinking a water after your workout. It will rehydrate you :)

What book are you reading? Jess just posted about a book she is reading. Sounds good. I am always looking for other good reads.

Crystal said...

You Miller Lite drinkers just don't know what you're missing! I think the beer has brainwashed you.

Right now I'm reading The Pillars of the Earth-I forget the author. I just started it a couple days ago. This is a big one so it may take me longer than the weekend to finish it.

ThickChick said...

I'm with Erin - 100 laps is HUGE! I can't fathom accomplishing that!

MN Mom said...

What book?