Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tuckered Out

I was a good girl this morning and jumped (okay, crawled) out of bed at 4:45 this morning, squeezed into my swimsuit and headed out to the pool. Because of all the rain, the pool was nice and refreshing (82 degrees), which is so nice seeing as it is usually on the warm side (86 degrees) due to the heat. It took me a while to warm up/wake up, but I got into my groove and did about a mile and a half in 50 min before I had to head home to start my day. It felt good to get that out of the way for the day, especially since it looks like rain again, but I'm all tired out now. Me thinks it may be an early night again tonight!

Another thing I've started to add to my exercise routines is jumping rope. Last weekend, I was in Target and decided to pick one up. I'm sure we all remember fondly jumping rope as kids. I also did a lot of jump rope moves in volleyball. So, with my all skill and expertise, this should be a breeze, right? Hahaha....not so much. I felt like I was jumping with a 20 pound sack on my back. Guess gravity got a little heavier over the years! So, I managed about 7 minutes before I called it quits. I will be happy to get 10 minutes down the road. It's another little exercise I'm adding on the off days I don't do the hula hoop. The best part of both these exercises is that Wilson is terrified of both and thinks I'm being attacked, so he gets close to help me and then chickens out, backs up and barks. What a fruit loop!

Well, I'm off to straighten up the house and find something productive to do. Reading sounds pretty productive to me. Toodles!

7 comments:

Jess said...

I haven't jumped rope in years. I don't think I have the room to do it in my house though.

Nice job on the swim!

Cammy said...

Way to go on getting that swim in early. I keep reading/hearing that cardio is really, really good first thing in the morning. I haven't managed it yet, but I'm tempted to try again.

Have a great week!

Kelly O said...

It hurts me to read 4:45 in the morning, let alone jumping into a pool...but you are in the south right...that brings back memories of my youth being on the swim team and - oh boy was it cold.
BRRRRRR. Get em girl!!

Erin said...

Maybe I need to suck it up and get a jump rope because it does sound more fun than other exercises. I wanted the weighted hula hoop and a jump rope but don't have room to do it in the house and I don't want to do it outside or in the stinky garage (which also doesn't have room now). Do you mix up your speed and your jumping style? Annie would probably bark the whole time too. For such brave guard dogs, they sure are chickens about some nonthreatening things.

Ashley said...

4:45 a.m. What does that even look like??!!!

Shannon said...

I've always had a love/hate relationship with jump ropes. I used to love double dutch, but I was also partly scared that I would get slapped by those horrbile jump ropes with the macaroni type shells - they were always hard and pinched your skin. Never understood why they were made out of that material. I'm assuming they've probably come along way since 1985 though...

Haley said...

Hi Crystal,

Thanks for coming by my blog! If you're in the market for a trampoline (you know, if the jumprope starts to wear thin or something) they're on clearance at evil walmart right now for 10 bucks... It was cheap enough that I guiltily ignored the evilness.