Monday, June 23, 2008

Where to Place the Blame - Again

Yep, had myself another little weigh-in this morning. And what to my eyes see on the scale....the same damn thing as they saw the last two weeks. So, where should I place the blame this week? That's easy this time...

ME.

I am not being very cooperative with myself this month. The bottom line is that I know what I need to do to get that stupid scale to move down and I haven't been doing it. Too much pizza, chips and other crappy foods. I may have to put the kibosh on all of these wonderful treats and really focus on making some healthy eating choices, maybe even try a new recipe or two.

The goal for this week is to drop 2 pounds. Not unreasonable at all considering I haven't moved for awhile now. I'm going to work on eating small meals every four hours and get in 5 days of exercise. Hopefully this daily thunderstorm thing we have going on down here will subside and I can get some running in again.

Non-diet related news: it was a pretty quiet weekend. Lots of thunder, lightning and rain. So I did a lot of reading and watched some movies. We saw The Bucket List, There Will Be Blood and I watched The Other Boleyn Girl. They were all pretty good flicks but nothing spectacular.

Since it's raining again, I think I will do some reading and turn in early tonight. I would like to get up early and go to pool before work tomorrow as it usually clear skies in the a.m. Got to work with the weather!

10 comments:

Erin said...

I want to see The Other Boleyn Girl! It is always the eating that does me in, not the working out. I just give in too often which I have to stop!

Jess said...

That damn food!

Hope the weather cooperates for tomorrow's workout.

Cammy said...

Good luck with getting refocused and back on a serious track! I know you can do it!

Ashley said...

so glad you had a relaxing weekend! and good luck with losing 2 pounds this week; turning down all those fabulous calories will be hard, but oh-so-worth it (says the girl that just drove to sonic for some tater tots...)

Kelly O said...

I find myself dreaming of pizza lately like there is going to be a day where it will exist no more. I want some so flippin badly!!! ;-) MMMMM

Erin said...

Eating smaller portions and every couple hours will help speed up your metabolism. Getting back on the exercise wagon will help too. It's hard to be motivated when it storms every day for 2 weeks straight. At least you are not gaining!

As for the movies, they were just ok. :( I look to you and Jess for book and movie reviews since I can never remember what I want to see or read. Keep the reviews coming!

JavaChick said...

So easy to know what to do...The actual doing is the hard part! I am hoping that I will soon be back on track as well. Needs to be done, right?

Lesley said...

Hey, I thought you were supposed to have good weather. It's nicer here in Blighty!! At least you haven't GAINED weight like me. You can do it....come on!!!

Lesley x

Heather said...

oh I know how you feel, I hit so many plateaus myself. but at least you know why, and you know what you can do to see a loss next time if you can just work on cutting out those extra foods that you know are probably contributing to the maintenance. at least you arent gaining! and 2 pounds a month is not unrealistic at all. I lost about that my last few months and while slow and sometimes frustrating, DOES get you to where yo uwant to be.

N.D. said...

I don't know how people can really lose weight and keep losing it without it becoming their job and life. When you 100% dedicated and trying really hard to eat well, you start turning down offers from friends, and I've found that you stop enjoying life as much. It's better to find a happy medium and find a way to be happy with yourself instead of having to take a second job as an eat well and no cheating policeperson.