Saturday, July 12, 2008

Cleaning Therapy

As you have probably come to realize, I despise my job and loathe a number of my coworkers for their lack of brain activity during the work hours. What can you expect when your boss hires based on personality? ( Not kidding, either. That's what she told me she started doing awhile back. It's not working lady!). Yesterday, I was at the boiling point when I got home and I was still a little pissy this morning so I decided therapy was in order.

Retail therapy was not in the cards so good, old-fashioned cleaning therapy was it. I swept the floors, vacuumed, cleaned the pool and pool deck, watered plants, washed dishes, did 4 loads of laundry and made lunch. I also managed to get in a couple hours pool/book time before the rains came down. I always feel so much better when the house is clean and pristine (well, clean anyway) so this melted any remaining resentment I have for work-at least till Monday rolls around again.

Tonight I think we are going to do some bowling. with an 80 and 85, I can obviously use the practice. Maybe I'll try it without the Bud Light and see how I do. Hmm...

4 comments:

Cammy said...

I have work "issues", too, but so far they haven't led me to anything nearly as productive as you accomplished!

Happy bowling!

N.D. said...

That's a nice way to make you feel better! better than alcohol, haha.
that stinks that work sucks, mostly the people it sounds like. Are you considering switching jobs at all? good luck.

Erin said...

I am a queen of house cleaning therapy. It is much better than retail therapy. Something about scrubbing the shit out of my cubboards and floors that makes me more happy than spending hundreds of dollars. I am glad to know I am not the only one that deals/works with idiots. Hang in there; now that your cleaning is done you have all day tomorrow to relax.

Jess said...

Oh, don't experiment with sobriety while bowling. Trust me, I have tried that and it seriously does not help.