Sunday, July 13, 2008

Good Ole' Sundays

Last night, Brian and I did venture out for some bowling action and I did pretty good. First game was a 98, game 2 was 146 and game 3 was 120. Not stellar but better than an 85. I think I need my own ball so I'm not constantly trying to get comfortable with the lovely house balls they have. And shoes. And a bowling trainer. And a fan base. And my own bowling t-shirt line. That should do it. Then I would be unstoppable! After bowling, we were still feeling the competitive streak so we hit the pool hall near our house for some extra fun. First time there and it's a pretty nice place..even a live band and no cover for a change. We played lots of darts and, although I lost every freaking round, it was a good time.

Today, my most exciting thing was the grocery store. Note to Self: If you want to maintain your sanity, do not go the the grocery store on a Sunday afternoon. You are just begging for trouble. Everyone else in the city limits was there to shop so it was nice and crowded. I had to use my pivot skills from basketball when getting my fruits/veggies and still managed to beat Brian while he hung out in the deli. Then tackle football took place in the aisles trying to get past people to the shelves. What a fiasco!

As for tonight, I think I'll give Wilson a bath, watch some Law & Order Criminal Intent and prepare meals for tomorrow. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

P.S. You may have noticed a lack of exercise these past few days. Yep, I've been boycotting it since Wednesday. No reason except I'm being a lazy bum. I think I'll use darts as my upper body workout and bowling as my low-impact cardio workout. Sounds good, right? Denial is so sweet.

6 comments:

Ryan said...

Miller says you do have a fan base lady.

N.D. said...

You seem very level headed, giving yourself a break when you feel like it. I like that! bowling and pool sounds fun - and it seems like you are always having a good time! the supermarket is best at 7pm on a friday or saturday (yes, what a life we have!)

Jess said...

146 is pretty dang good!

I stopped into Publix this afternoon for a few items and it was madness. Usually, I avoid the store on the weekend, but inevitably I always have to stop in for a few forgotten items.

Erin said...

Same comment as on Jess's blog:

It was the four-legged bath day. Sounds like Scooter, Wilson, and Annie all got baths today! Annie had quite the weekend-a trip to McDonalds with Miller and Ryan and a boat ride. Man, she has more of a social life than I do!

Yeah, wild weekend at the Froyd's.

Cammy said...

Okay, so the grocery store fiasco wasn't just me. That's good to know.

And 146 is a great score in my book!

Erin said...

Sunday afternoons at the grocery store are the worst! And that seems to be when we always go...