Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I'm a Hoopin Machine

When I first started hula hooping, I was only able to do it for about 10 minutes, twice a week and got bruises after each session.

And now?

I am hoopin 30 minutes a night and squeezing in at least 5 nights a week. Woo hoo! Love the hula! I usually watch some tv or read my book while I'm hooping, otherwise the time drags by. Since this hoop is heavily weighted, all I could do at first was stand still and focus on making it for my desired time limit. Now, I've worked up to walking around (okay, I'm chasing the dog, but I'm walking while I do it!) and I do 5 minute squats every 7-10 minutes to switch things up.

Yep, I am a hula hoopin machine.

If only I could make some money off this. Legally, of course.

6 comments:

Erin said...

I should try that - although I already know that I suck at it, but maybe I just need some practice.

Jess said...

Wow, I'm pressed that you can read AND hula hoop!

Erin said...

I am impressed! Does Wilson bark at you while you hoop or does he just sit back and watch? I have a feeling Annie would bark the whole time.

N.D. said...

That sounds like a great exercise, have you seen changes in your abs?

RunningNan said...

oooh yeah. I wanna know how your abs are lookin!

Sagan Morrow said...

You should propose that it become an Olympic sport. I wish I had your hooping talent!