Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Much-Needed Push

I've been a bit sluggish for the past week, which would explain why there hasn't been much exercise posted lately. So, after a good night sleep last night..I went to bed before 9pm...I heard the alarm start going off at 5am. I immediately hit the snooze and tried to talk myself out of getting up. After the second snooze hit, I gave myself a little talking to, forced myself out of bed and grabbed my gym clothes from the dresser. I got in a 30 minute walk/run this morning and it felt pretty dang good. But the best part was the rest of the day. I had renewed energy throughout my whole day. I wasn't tired at lunch and got to enjoy my book for a good 30 minutes. I got more done at work and came home with lots of energy to spare.

For the evening, I am going to do some errands and get some stuff off my to do list. If there's still time, I'm going to try and squeeze in another 30-45 workout of some type. Sometimes we just need to stop the excuses and push ourselves to get the job done. It's tough at first, but the rewards are worth it in the long run.

12 comments:

N.D. said...

Definitely! Nice job getting out of bed. It is always hard but so worth it in the end!

N.D. said...

Definitely feel a bit more normal that you are a dough person. Nice!!!

Erin said...

Good job. It's amazing how hard we will try to talk ourselves OUT of getting up to exercise even though we know we want to and we know we will feel better in the long run.

Jess said...

The best part of getting up early and getting it done is that the whole rest of the day feels better. It's the getting up part that I have a hard time with.

Ryan said...

take it easy lady. One workout a day is enough. The whole point of waking up early is to get it done with, not to squeeze in another one. Spend that time drinking and doing drugs for Gods sake.

Shanna said...

Oh yes, the snooze button and I have a very close relationship, I can relate!!

Thats is so great that you got yourself up & moving!! That is the hardest part. Once you are in the groove, its smoothe sailing! Keep up the great work!!! =)

Thinking Thin said...

Good for you! I admire you for getting out of bed. I have been sluggish too. You think it is the heat here? I just don't want to move, want to crawl in my bed and go to sleep.

Erin said...

I did that twice this week - went to bed SUPER early, and I have to say it was awesome! You are awesome for waking up so early to run, I am terrible for that.

Sagan Morrow said...

Great job! I love that feeling of being so full of energy.

Steve Stenzel said...

Nice job getting out there!!!

Cammy said...

Good job! Some days we just need a push!

JavaChick said...

Good for you.

I've been having a hard time getting going this week too...After my weekend away, I was tired, and the weather here has been hot, humid, and kinda gloomy at the same time. But I know once I get back into the exercise groove, I'll feel better. Hoping to make that happen this weekend.