Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Murphy's Law

Today did not go quite as I would have planned. In the words of Murphy's Law, if anything can go wrong, it will.

Q. Did I get up early this morning for my refreshing run or swim?
A. Uh, no.

Q. Did I get up on time, refreshed and ready for my day.
A. If you count missing the alarm completely and jumping out of bed when Brian's alarm went off then, yes.

Q. Did I leave the house fully prepared for my day?
A. I managed to pack a lunch (salad, chicken breast and fruit cup) but forgot all eating utinsils so I ate lunch with my paring knife. That's right, I live on the edge.

Q. Did work fly by as smoothly as yesterday?
A. HAHAHAHAHA....NOT! The phone rang off the hook and my employees made me want to climb the neighboring building and tower over the edge of the roof.

So, not quite the day I had planned but what can you do, right? I got home, had a nice bowl of soup, played with Wilson for a little while and went for a nice, long walk. Oh, and I did about 15 minutes of the hula hoop, too. Now I'm ready for a bubble bath and some reading. Have a great night everyone!

7 comments:

N.D. said...

Not as good as yesterday, but that is what always happens. I like the use of the paring knife, haha. The bubble bath sounds great!

Cammy said...

Here's hoping for a better tomorrow!

I admire the heck out of you for still getting your lunch packed! That's always the first thing to go when I'm running late.

Kelly O said...

Those kinds of days suck don't they? But you prevailed. I would send my massage guy over to you if you were in Chi-town.....he makes the world go away.....ahhhh

Heather said...

oh I have so many days like that! if only we could control everything. only in a perfect world..but its not reality. enjoy your bath and book!

Jess said...

Oh, waking up late will throw a whole day off.

JavaChick said...

Aw! Hope your Thursday turns out to be a better day.

Erin said...

Lol, I have so done that with the utensils! It sucks! Especially since there are NO utensils ever to be found in our lunch room. So I know keep a spare set at work, but I had to learn that one the hard way several times.