Tuesday, July 1, 2008

New Month/New Motivation

Wow, it's July already! I swear the older (more mature) you get, the faster the months fly by. Wasn't it just January a little while ago? So, in light of a new month, I feel it's time to up the motivation and kick things up a notch here in Crystal Land.

My motivation is my sister and mom are coming down here the first weekend of October and I want to show them how far I've come. I haven't seen my mom since February and will be 13 months since I've seen my sister, so I think showing them how much I've accomplished will be a great way to break in the weekend splendor. So, to increase my "wow" factor from now until then, I need some good goals for this month.

1. Swim 6 hours per week: 2 days per week at one hour each and two hours each on Sat/Sun.

2. Work on my running mileage. With the heat/humidity factor, I have put running on the back burner for awhile but I'm itching to get out there again and start increasing my mileage. I was out last night for a 20 minute run and, although I was drenched in sweat, it felt good to get out there again. I'd like to be running 3 miles consistently for this month.

3. Increase sit-ups. I usually do about 200 crunches at a time but sit-ups kick my ass. I'd like to see 25 sit-ups at one time by the end of this month.

4. Try one new exercise class this month.

5. Increase water intake. Right now, I would label myself dehydrated. I drink water here and there but rarely get the 64 oz/per day in at all. I think I'm going to add a Propel water in there two shake up the flavor and keep adding lemon to my water to get me to drink more.

I think that should keep me busy for the month. Hope everyone has a fantastic July and hits all of their goals, too. Later chicas

15 comments:

Ashley said...

your obvious resolve sickens and annoys me. but only because I'm jealous. :o)

Jess said...

Those look like solid goals for the upcoming month. Since you have a gym membership, have you tried running the treadmill to avoid the heat? It's not the most desirable (I think it's as exciting as watching grass grow), but it is a good way to beat the heat.

Thinking Thin said...

Grats on coming up with some goals for yourself. I am going to be doing the same. If I have a defined goal to remind myself, I am more apt to it. I know you will with yours!!!

Lesley said...

Nothing like a pair of family women to shake some resolve into one! I have every faith in you so GO FOR IT!!

Lesley x

N.D. said...

That's great! You have good goals and you'll have lots to share with your mom and sister.

Ryan said...

Here is my advice with drinking alot of water. Don't pussyfoot around it and nurse it. Pound those 16 oz. like a damn beer.(if you need a lesson in pounding, check me out on Friday). Besides since you drink that nasty Bud Light, which is pretty much water anyways, it shouldn't be a problem. Soon you will be up to a gallon of water a day. Plus, with all the trips to the bathroom you can cut out a couple hours of other exercise.

ThickChick said...

You should train for a tri... all of that swimming!! I'm jealous - I truly can't recall the last time I swam and all of my bathing suits are too scandalous for the gym. Hmm... Maybe I will buy a one-piece and give it a shot?

P.O.M. said...

Sounds like fantastic goals!

I am with you on OPERATION: REHYDRATION!

Crystal said...

I've thought about training for a tri but need to work on my running before I get serious about one. I think I could handle the rest..I love both swimming and biking. Maybe that will be a goal for next year.

Cammy said...

What I love most about these goals is that none of them are weight-based. These are all things you can control and, thus, achieve. Brava!

Great idea to use the family visit as a target. I've got a vacation coming up in which I'll see some people I haven't seen in a couple of years. It's much easier to maintain focus when something like that looms large. Or less large, as the case may be. LOL

Have a great week!

Heather said...

great goals for some great motivation. I know you can do it!

Kelly O said...

200 crunches at a time? Dang! You are fantastic....now I'm going to have to shoot for that. Starting NOW> ;-)

Wallowgirl said...

Great goals! Now is the time because it is officially halfway thru the year. 6 months left till the end of another year. You will be able to do it!

Sagan Morrow said...

That certainly sounds like you're going to be kept busy! The beginning of a new month is such a great time for new goals:)

sunshine said...

Sounds like you're on the road to a productive month! If you want a really killer ab workout, I (was) doing the Women's Health workout. Involves a series of crunches, ball workout, weight/resistence training. GREAT workout!