Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Terrific Tuesday

I hope, anyway. That nice long weekend sure flew by. The fourth of July was a great time. We had a ton of food (which I think I'm still digesting) and lots of fireworks from the BankAtlantic Center show and the boys' endless supply. Good times had by all. It was great to see baby Miller, too. He is getting so big already!

I have to be honest and say that I did not get in any exercise over the weekend..no swimming, running, not even vigorous splashing in the backyard pool. That's okay, though. It was nice to relax and just enjoy a holiday weekend for a change instead of always feeling like you are being rushed and pulled in several directions.

Yesterday, I got in a nice 3.5 mile walk and then ran a mile after work/dinner. I felt so refreshed that I bounced out of bed this morning (after three snooze hits on the alarm) and went out for another run this morning where I managed 2 miles running and .5 miles walking. Now I am ready for the day! Or a nap.

7 comments:

Jess said...

Nice job on the running! You're way more energetic than I in the morning.

JavaChick said...

I'm glad you were able to relax and enjoy your weekend. We all need that once in a while.

eurydice said...

hahaha running always makes me feel both ready for the day and a nap too. :)

N.D. said...

It's good to once in a while just take a break from always having something to do (working out especially) and enjoy the time. Good job on the run this morning !

Shannon said...

I have to get back to walking when I'm home. I'm totally slacking now that I'm not at work (usually I rack up a few miles from that alone).

Erin said...

Miller was thankful for some time in your arms. He likes you :) He is definitely growing!

We were maxed out on fried food after the 4th and the repeat of leftovers. Last night was salad night and my body was very happy for the fresh fruits and veggies.

I am on the path to resuming walking but the rain keeps interupting my good intentions.

Cammy said...

Why is it that three weekdays don't go by as quickly as a 3-day weekend? It's not right. :)

Well done on the walk/run! That's the way to get back in the swing of things!