Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Wee Bit Stressed

I woke up at 5am already stressed out for the day. Now, if this continues, I will have nothing to look forward to at work-that's when I'm supposed to get all stressed and freaky! I know where all this stress is coming from: I'm doing lots of tossing and turning about career decisions and what direction I want to head to; stupid weight loss (yeah, I'm in a peachy mood today); and the big one is family stresses.

So, how has this lovely stress affected me so far? Well, I was up at the butt crack of dawn (a.k.a. middle of the night) on Monday and today, although I slept in till 5am, I woke up with a million things on my mind. I've had about 5 gallons of coffee since Friday-it's my stress reliever (HA!)- and I've been a bit piggish with the food choices. Like eating McDonalds and Wendys out of business. Pizza and chicken wings at Anthony's last night (scrumptious) and I've already got that first cup of coffee taken care of today.

The good news is I did get out of bed and went running this morning, which stopped all the stress thinking for awhile and it felt good to get out there. Three other neighbors are out walking at this time so I don't feel all alone, either. I'm going to try to make some good food choices..they haven't all been bad. In fact, I eat really well throughout the day until I get home. Maybe I'm not getting enough calories during the day and that's why I want to eat the couch cushions once I get in the door. Something to ponder.

Well, enough from my front. Time to pack the lunch and get myself organized. Later gators

13 comments:

Thinking Thin said...

Sorry to hear that you have been stressed. I have been guilty about not handling stress very well either. However, there is no use stressing over things you cannot control and even the things you can. I know that is easier said than done! At least you exercised...I have heard that helps lol

Lesley said...

But at least you identified it and are thinking about what you can do to help.....and you went for a run! Well done on the positives, try to forget the negatives.

Chin up chuck and I hope your day improved.

Lesley x

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

I find some days when I try to be TOO good with the eating I actually sabotage myself because then I am starving and I eat crap in the evening. Maybe just have a few days of trying to eat healthy stuff but not worry about the portion sizes? I totally suck for eating when I am stressed, I always end up turning to chocolate for help. Not good.

(I had to delete my first post - so many typing mistakes...my brain is slow today.)

N.D. said...

I always feel better when I go running, and the eating bad puts me in a bad cycle. I can't stand it when I am constantly thinking and getting stressed out and not sleeping. I try to take things one at a time and talk it out. Hope you feel better.

RunningNan said...

I'm with you on eating enough during the day. I have to remember to do that so I don't eat my kitchen at 5p.

Sagan Morrow said...

I hope you manage to work out the stress and that you get a good nights sleep soon. Feel better!

Jess said...

Yeah, stress always leads to insomnia for me too. Or drinking.

Heather said...

I wrote a post about stress today! I can totally relate. It definitely is hard sometimes but I think its great you got that exercise in there.

Cammy said...

Um, Crystal? Do ya think that 5 gallons of coffee might be contributing? ::Cammy ducks the punch:: :-D

Well done on choosing the run! Exercise and laughter are the two things guaranteed to de-stress me!

Oh, and chocolate. :)

Shannon said...

I feel your stress and insomnia. Life is like that sometimes. I hope its over for us both soon. :)

Kelly O said...

Stress Bites. I hate it!!! I had an encounter with Haagen Daaz ice cream on my business trip. The pint won. Enough said.

Shanna said...

I also went through I phase when I was always hungry, not too long ago, I upped my fiber and protein, not the calories, and it really helped!!! Good Luck!!