Sunday, August 10, 2008

7 a.m. Swim

What a great way to start my Sunday. I literally jumped out of bed at about 10 minutes to 7, grabbed the swimsuit, towels and other swim accessories and headed to the gym for some pool time. I chose the gym with the outdoor pool since it is such a beautiful day and I wasn't disappointed. I was greeted to a glistening pool, clear blue skies, nice breeze, palm trees swaying in the breeze and the sun just peeking over the building area. What a relaxing setting.

But I was all about the business of swimming so I hopped in, got those goggles situated and off I went. I swam for an hour with no breaks except to grab my pull buoy. I did leg and arm exercises, breaststroke and lots of freestyle. It was so nice to get a good swim in right away in the morning and now I have the rest of the day to chill in the pool at home...that and get the laundry done.

Enjoy your Sunday!

8 comments:

Jess said...

Nice job on the swim! Hope you're enjoying the rest of your Sunday!

Lesley said...

That sounds like heaven....there is an outdoor pool round here but whenever it's sunny it's full of kids so no exercise swimming. When I was doing a lot of swimming I used to go when the weather was bad and have swum in the rain, sleet and snow.....outdoors.....in England!! I had the pool to myself though!

Well done you.

Lesley x

sunshine said...

Look at you, Miss Dedicated. Sounds like a great way to start off a Sunday.

Shanna said...

That sounds great! I love working out in the pool. Thats pretty cool that your gym has an outdoor pool! =)

JavaChick said...

Sounds like a great way to start the day! Wish I could do the same.

Sagan said...

Wow, great job on the swim. Pools are wonderful.

N.D. said...

that sounds great! good job!!

wallowgirl said...

Great swim! I must admit I am not a pool lover. But it is a great workout. Hope you had a good weekend!