Saturday, August 9, 2008

Another Hot One

So, I would like to start out by saying that our bowling team...ROCKS! We were in 3rd place on Thurs and beat the 1st Place team. Now, this game isn't just about who wins but also about total points so we shall see how we sitting next week. The end is near...me kinda sad :(

The drinks were flowing that night so Friday was not a pleasant day for me. I was pretty miserable until about 2pm when I finally started getting my bearings again. Note to self: Less is more, especially with the spirits!

So, after a totally useless Friday, I have been determined to make more out of my Saturday. I did some computer work this morning, cleaned the deck and pool area, watered my plants and went for a run. Now, as you may have noticed from past posts, I do not run during daylight hours. Why? Cuz it's friggin hot out there! But, I think I deserved a bit of punishment for yesterday's sloth so I headed out for my run at 11am. Not quite peak sun hours but close enough. I headed down to the park about a half mile away and ran the park loop a couple times, then headed back home. It was about 2.5 miles total and I was a sweaty mess with a face the color of a beet. Oooh, so pretty! I'm proud that I forced myself through this run even though I wanted to give up after about 5 minutes since it felt like I was running in a hot steam sauna. Excessive sweating is good for the body, right?

And let me say, that pool was freaking awesome to jump in when I got back.

6 comments:

Ryan said...

"But, I think I deserved a bit of punishment for yesterday's sloth so I headed out for my run at 11am."

Amen sister. That is the exact thing I would have done.

'Atonement of drinking sins can only be attained by punishing thyself with exercise when conditions are not ideal.'

Froydachia Chapter One Verse 69

Erin said...

Today wasn't so bad at high noon. We had a nice breeze movin things before the storm hit. I was outside trimming plants and got the wheels on my car washed. Maybe tomorrow I will get the actual car washed. I am beat red from sunburn. My time outside should have included sunscreen!

N.D. said...

Nice job on the run! I would love having the pool for afterwards too!

Jess said...

We will have to remind each other of what excessive drinking does to us on Fridays, because we can't seem to remember on our own!

Nice job on the run. I was thinking of ehading out now (4 pm); it's cloudy and rainy so it shouldn't be too bad. We'll see.

Cammy said...

I'm not much on punishment for having a good time and enjoying life. Especially not when it involves excessive sweating, which ISN'T healthy and can actually lead to heatstroke or all sorts of other maladies.

The pool thing sounds good though. :)

Sagan said...

Congrats on the bowling! Gotta love those pools on hot days:)