Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Deep thoughts

Do you ever have so many thoughts swimming in your head that you just want to scream? That about sums up how I'm feeling right now. Just so much stuff that I want to accomplish or am pondering and I need a break from it all.

I've got my mom and sister coming in about 5 weeks and I wanted to get some stuff done before they get here, especially since my sis has never been down here since I moved here. I've been thinking about school, tests, current job, possible jobs (and their possible interviews), my swim around key west, running events I'm looking at signing up for, etc....the list goes on.

Okay, enough of that. Trop. Storm Fay turned out to be pretty mild here, which is great since I'm really not up for a big hurricane, ever. Too bad I had to suck it up and go to work though..many of my friends lucked out on that one!

I'm going to do some hoopin tonight and either swim or run, haven't decided which yet. The rain has stopped so I'll just have to contend with the wind but it might be nice to run and not be soaked with sweat for a change! That's about all the excitement going on here.

Have a great night, chicas.

12 comments:

N.D. said...

Running usually helps me work through it - also making a list. But yes, the worst is when I 'm trying to fall asleep and keep running things through my mind. One step at a time!
good luck!

Chellie has Issues said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I am not much of a swimmer when it comes to working out but love how I feel after a nice sweaty run. I'm glad the storm passed you by.

Erin said...

That is so good about the storm!

About once a week I have a really hard time falling asleep (NOT the morn for me!) because of all the swimming thoughts. I hate it!

MN Mom said...

Big thinkers have deep thoughts! You seem to have a lot of stuff running around in there, however. My suggestion might be to prioritize: what I want to accomplish in 3mo-6 a year and so on then maybe you wouldn't have to deal with it all at once.

Cammy said...

Uh-oh, when I get a list that long and that ambitious, I go for the posty-notes. Write each item on a separate note and place them on a blank wall (or the floor or a clean table top). Then you can position them in the order you want to do them, or the time frame, or whatever seems to work best. Using posty notes allows you to re-position and play with them in different combinations until you have a workable plan. I use it at work and more recently on laying out some home projects. It was great for seeing what I could do simultaneously and what had a cause-and-effect relationship.

Just a thought, a really long one. :)

Jess said...

When a head gets that boggled, there's only one cure. Beer. Trsut me, it will put all those ambitions on hold :)

sunshine said...

I'm a list maker... crossing off "to-do's" is so empowering to me. (yep, I'm a nerd). Good luck with everything!

And... glad you're safe and Fay passed ya by.

Erin said...

Your list sounds like mine! It drastically increased this week as my time to complete it has decreased. Only a few more days left and I rejoin the working world. I am a list maker and I usually try to knock off the things I like to do first over the ones I don't like. They seem to linger from list to list unless they are a necessity. Good luck and don't let it stress you.

eurydice said...

it's funny because i was skimming your post and looking at the swimming pic on the right and thought, "yes, i agree, there are always many thoughts in my head while i'm swimming" even though that isn't what you mean at all!

ashley said...

Waaiiit a second! Where are you in Florida? I'm in Tampa and we got a nice drizzle of rain :)

I do have moments where there are so many thoughts that they overtake me. Maybe go out for a nice walk?

JavaChick said...

You sound overwhelmed. I think sometimes you need to take a step back and prioritize. A person can only handle so many things at once. :)

Shannon said...

I like lists when I have too many head thoughts. I then get some relief and satisfaction as I cross off the things I finish. Then I revise the list and...

I am a total nerd, right?