Thursday, August 28, 2008

Gym Workout

I usually go to the gym for the pool aspect but tonight I decided to shake things up a bit and went out the the cardio room for some calorie burning enjoyment. The after-work crowd was there in full force so lots of machines were occupied and it was beyond warm in there. I like to have a bit of air conditioning when at the gym, seeing as I'm paying for it, but I guess they really want us to burn those calories even faster!

I chose the treadmill as we are usually not friends and I thought this would be a good opportunity to get to know one another again. You know what? We became fast friends..so much so that I didn't even visit with my BFF, the elliptical. I did four miles on the treadmill, switching it up between walks and runs and it felt purty darn good. Now that I'm back home, I'm going to squeeze in some sit ups and hula for 20 minutes and that should do it for today's activities.

After that, I'm off to the store to get ingredients to make fruit pizza for our potluck tomorrow at work. It's sports jersey day, yee haw!

8 comments:

Erin said...

I didn't have a chance to comment on Jammy Wednesday but I am a big fan of pj's. I put mine on when I get home too :)

I hate treadmills. For some reason I always lose my balance and feel like I am going to fall over. Maybe one leg is longer than the other...

Jess said...

4 miles on the treadmill is worth double that on the road; I think. So boring, and I don't ever feel that much cooler in a gym either.

Heather said...

great job getting on that treadmill even though its not your favorite form of exercise. sometimes thats exactly what we need to do to shake things up and challenge ourselves.

sunshine said...

mmmm.... fruit pizza.... yum!

Erin said...

That is awesome on the treadmill, especially if you don't usually love it!

I hate it when it is hot in the gym.

ThickChick said...

Our gym isn't air conditioned either... though I would imagine in Florida you need it FAR more than we do in Oregon!! =)

Laurel said...

YAY fruit pizza!

I hate hot, stuffy gyms too. Especially in warm, humid Florida. But at least you didn't have a miserable treadmill run.

MN Mom said...

You have been working so hard you deserve some food, drink and fun! Happy Labor Day and Party Day...