Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hump Day!

And it was a good hump day at work because my long lost coworker FINALLY returned from vacation. Yeah! I was so happy to return her work responsibilities back to her that I could have done cartwheels down the hall and would have, but I think it would have been frowned upon. It's good to be back in the swing of things there and not feel like I'm being pulled in 20 different directions.

Last night, I didn't feel like doing a DVD so I headed to the gym and swam for 45 minutes. I really pushed my strokes and only stopped twice to grab the pull buoy. In addition to my normal freestyle/backstroke/breaststroke routine, I also added lots of flip turns and 4 laps of the butterfly. Wow, that stroke is hard as hell but sure gets my heart rate moving!

Can't decide on my activity tonight but I should take little Wilson out for a walk..he gets too cooped up here in the house all day and it's not raining. Yeah again! Later

6 comments:

Jess said...

I've never even been able to do the butterfly. I just flop around.

Last night, on the Olympics, they had an announcer say: "This guy is the best breaststroker in the world." That had Jerry and I cracking up. We're juvenile, I guess.

Erin said...

Sheryl is in town and used to swim in high school so she is explaining more about the rules, turns, etc. Swimming is much more interesting when you know more about it AND after Jess' commentary on outfits and bodies, I too can't keep my eyes off those swimmers! Grrhhh!

Sagan said...

Great work on your swim. And hurray for the return of the coworker!

sunshine said...

Ditto on never being able to manage the butterfly. I probably looked much more like a whale than the amazing folks that can do it correctly. :)

N.D. said...

Sounds like a great workout! I usually try to do one lap of fly and have a partial heart attack by the time that I touch the wall. It's a hard stroke - but good workout! Glad your coworker is back!

Lesley said...

Wow, flip turns! I can swim for miles but never mastered those. Also, I have Butterfly envy....could never do more than one length of that! My brother used to compete in that stroke and I was so jealous!

Am also enjoying those Olympic swimming boys....rrrraoow