Sunday, August 3, 2008

Insanity

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. This is how I felt about the housework today. I was a cleaning machine today. I tackled the floors, dusted every room, vacuumed, did laundry, straightened the pool area, named a star, cleaned the bathrooms and washed lots of blankets that have Wilson's hair all over them. A productive day but one where you find yourself saying, "Didn't I just clean this?"

After my cleaning spree, I spent a few glorious hours in the pool with a good book. The pool is a perfect 84 degrees and I floated around with my Coke and book for a good three hours with breaks only to switch the laundry. It was lovely.

The rest of the weekend was pretty good, too. Friday night flew by, seeing as I came home, had a snack, said goodbye to Brian when he headed out for cards and took a nap-which lasted till about 9pm. Saturday I went to the beach early in the morning, ran some errands and spent the afternoon in the pool. Brian and I went to dinner at Olive Garden and rented some movies. Semi-Pro was about what I would have expected..had it's funny parts and 21 was pretty good, too.

Now it's time to whip up a Mexican feast of tacos (soft and hard-I'm very accommodating), chips/salsa and maybe a bud light lime. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

5 comments:

N.D. said...

Can you come next to my house and clean?? Hehe. The taco dinner sounds nice, and sounds like a nice weekend!!

Jess said...

I feel that way all the time. Just as I de-fur something, I turn around and Scooter has re-furred it!

Erin said...

Annie and Jazzy contribute to my psychotic cleaning frenzies. Sounds like a fabulous weekend but jam packed!

Cammy said...

Sounds like a great weekend, even that cleaning part. :)

sunshine said...

After cleaning like a mad woman, I hope there was some rum in the pool-side Coke. :)