Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ode to Bowling

I'm a little behind on my speech but I had so many emotions (not really) that I had to sort through things first and collect my thoughts.

So, our team, which was hovering in ninth place in the early season, came back with a vengeance and got....wait for it.....2nd Place! Yippee everyone!

In light of this, I would like to thank the following:

1. Our supporters and former teammates: Erin and Shannon-you stuck by us when even I wanted to leave the table in shame :)

2. Our teammates Amy and Meagan: your absent consistency kept us grounded.

3. Bud Light: The sponsor of bowling 2008 (even though it was served in Miller Light pitchers).

4. Striker's house balls. Without several choices of 10 pound balls, I would never have found a perfect match. Wait, I didn't. That's why I need my own ball.

5. Our Super Fan and Lucky Charm: Miller-he made it all possible.

6. And, of course, Brian for driving me there every week and making sure my drunk ass got home safely at night. You're swell!

My last scores were 140, 113 and 170. We rocked the house. Who says drunk girls who fall occasionally and do high kicks after strikes can't be serious bowlers?

Okay, you can stop laughing now.

4 comments:

Cammy said...

170?!! What a way to wind up the season! Congrats on 2nd place!

I think you should get your own ball as a reward for completing the season in such style!

Jess said...

Wa-hoo! We really did perform a miracle comeback! Hmmmm, could we put it on par with Jason Lezak's swim in the relay last Sunday? I think it's not too much of a stretch to say, "yes."

Erin said...

Great bowling girls! Miller was proud to support the Bud loving team ;)

Shannon said...

Awesome job ladies! Only two players and a 2nd place finish - maybe you'll never want to let me back on the team as you do so well without me!