Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Running Plans Thwarted

AGAIN

My buddy Adriana and I had made plans to start running together again yesterday...she has been out of the running lately due to grad school...but the weather down here has been just a wee bit rainy. Yesterday, it started raining around 2pm and continued until 5pm. Since it was still thundering out there, we decided to postpone our run for today.

So, who woke up this morning and did the rain dance? The day was beautiful this morning but turned into a rainy day around 11am and has stayed that way. We thought about running in the inclement weather until the heavy rain came down and then just decided to table it altogether. We both have obligations the rest of the week so I guess we will try to start again next Monday.

Not too much else on my end...I applied to a new job yesterday so am hoping to hear something from them down the road..they state it may take a couple months to hear back from them so I'm not anxiously awaiting the phone call..yet. Work continues to be stressful but my coworker is due to return from her 2 week vacation tomorrow so hopefully that relieves some of my workload. Although, we do have a pool going on whether she will show up tomorrow or not. The last time she was scheduled out for a week, she took another week off to "recover" from her trip. Ha! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

It's still raining out there so I think I will do some hoopin and maybe a dvd tonight, or read...so many choices.

7 comments:

Cammy said...

I'll hoop, if you'll hoop. :)

Sorry for the rain. We had it today, too, but it cleared up late in the day.

Erin said...

A couple of months is a long time to wait, but I am so impatient! I am so sick of the rain here this summer, it has been so yucky.

Jess said...

It has been very rainy today. This afternoon, it was like a hurricane out there! Thankfully, I was able to squeeze my run between storms.

Ryan said...

Welcome to southern Florida. This is how it was 7 years ago when I moved down here. Rain/thunderstorms between 1 and 5 pm every day.

Erin said...

Darn shared profiles. The last post was from me.

Sagan said...

Too bad about the rain. Good luck with the job!

Lesley said...

After some of your takes of lovely hot summers, it's quite nice to hear that it DOES rain over there. Although I shouldn't say that as my sister and her family are on holiday in Florida at the moment and will be cheesed off if they get too much wet!!

Good luck finding a window for some running and good luck with your job application.

Lesley x