Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Very Sweaty Run

Even though I started at 8:45 tonight, it was still pretty warm out there and the humidity must be high cuz I was sweating before I even started running. Once I got going, the run felt pretty good. It's been a few days since I got these old legs moving and once I brushed off the cobwebs, it was smooth sailing. I ran about 2 miles and walked another half mile so a pretty good distance for me.

I want to start working on getting that 3 mile mark down good since the fall season is soon approaching and I know there are some 5Ks I want to enter. I can get through them now but it would be nice to get a decent time. Sometimes it's tough to push yourself when it's so hot but...suck it up dammit!

Anyway, running and the hula were my exercise for today. I didn't run last night but went swimming instead and did 2 miles in 45 minutes. Not too shabby! As for tomorrow, either I will have to get up early or just rely on bowling for my exercise. Sleeping in till 6am is looking pretty good right now.

6 comments:

Jess said...

I hear ya on the sweat factory. My running clothes are always saturated with sweat when I come home. Yum.

N.D. said...

Sounds good, nice job! Especially when it is hot out.

Lesley said...

Well done. It's so easy to use the weather as an excuse....more often the rain than the heat for me unfortunately!

Keep it up!

Lesley x

Cammy said...

"Anyway, running and the hula were my exercise for today."

Oh, FINE, rub my nose in it, whycon'tcha? :)

Good for you for getting your run in!

Laurel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laurel said...

I recently moved from Miami to Philly and was amazed that I actually went for a run today at ONE PM!!! And when I was done, I was barely sweating. Yeah, I don't miss the South Florida in August weather.

Of course, I'm sure I will be singing a different tune in February.