Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Why Not?

As you know, I live in very sunny south Florida. You know, where it's 150 degrees in the shade at 9am (only a slight exaggeration) and the humidity is at a dry 90%. So, of course the air conditioner would go out today. In the freaking summer. In August. Why Not? It's 82 degrees in here right now-better than I thought-and the fix-it man isn't coming till tomorrow. Guess someone's sleeping light tonight!

Well, my ants aren't sugar ants. I put out Terro last night and the ignored it. The funny thing is they are nowhere to be found today. I feel an ambush coming on...will keep you posted.

I think the weather is making me feel icky. Every time there is a weather system down here I start to feel this way, especially like my eyes are holding up their very own bricks. It doesn't feel like a cold..could be denial.

I didn't get up early this morning so I am going to do my sit ups and go out for a run tonight. Haven't run in a few days so this should feel pretty good. I always feel like a speed demon when I have some time off.

7 comments:

Jess said...

Oh no! At least when our air conditioner pooped itself (3 years ago), it did us the curtesy of crapping out in January.

If it gets too hot, give us a call, we have an empty guest room you can stay in!

Erin said...

I am pretty sure that I COULD NOT take that kind of heat and humidity! Seriously. Our AC is on at night, every night from May 1 onwards - and I live in Canada. We are pretty good during the day, but I need the cold at night to sleep! I would wither up if I had to exercise outdoors in that heat. I am a sucky though - I guess I would get used to it!

Cammy said...

Oh geez, I can't even imagine being without A/C with these heat indexes. I'll think cooling thoughts for you!

Erin said...

Pete's AC shit the bed yesterday too. Must have been something in the air or the fact that they have been working so hard since it's so damn hot again! Did Brian try to fix it at all or since you are renting you decided f-it, this is why we pay rent?

Sagan Morrow said...

Enjoy the run. Hope the weather improves! That must be hard to get anything done in that heat.

Shannon said...

Man when Terro doesn't work, you know you're in for a battle!

Shannon said...

Oh, and weird that Pete and Venessa's AC pooped out the same day. Not a good day for air conditioning units apparently.