Saturday, September 13, 2008

Good Morning Blogland!

It's another beautiful day here in Florida. The sun is shining, it's quickly approaching 90 degrees and the humidity is hanging high. Sounds like a pool day to me!

The only negative thing in my perfect Saturday morning mojo is the pigeon problem with the neighbors. STOP FEEDING THEM! There are at least 100 of those dirty things on the roof and screen of their house. They are super loud and fly over our house every time they hear a noise. This wouldn't bother me if they didn't sometimes leave "presents" as they travel over. Let's just say I've had a few close calls on the patio..it's like dodging bullets out there!

I've slowly gotten back into my exercise mode after taking a week off. A week is all I can handle before I start really feeling like a lazy bum. So, I made it out for a long walk on Thursday and went swimming on Wednesday, whereby I pulled my calf muscle at the end of my session so well that I had to drag my leg through the water for a good 15 meters to the other side. Could have stopped but...I am a pool fiend so hell no. Then, when I was leaving, a guy asked me if I had been swimming. Um..yeah. What gave it away...the wet hair, flip flops, or the fact that I was too lazy to take off my suit so it's soaking through my gym clothes. So, I told him yes and he tells me what a great swimmer I am as he was watching me the whole time from the gym area (big windows from gym look down into the pool). I paste on the smile and thank him while I'm thinking...great, so you leave first and I'm going to look at this gym schedule real hard until it's burned into my memory. Note to boys...don't be telling girls you've never met how you watched them swim the entire time, especially when they are swimming for over an hour. I'd keep that part to myself.

So, on to my Saturday. I was planning on doing a run this morning but have yet to leave the house so I'm thinking I will push that to the evening. Of course I will be doing some hooping today, too. Now I think I'm ready for that first cup of coffee and the newspaper. Whoa....coffee and newspaper? Alright, when did I become an adult?

4 comments:

Jess said...

Enjoy your relaxing day in the pool! Hopefully, you don't get any pigeon poop on you!

Sagan said...

Feeding the pigeons! What an inconceivable notion.

Funny pool story. Clearly he hadn't thought about what his comments would sound like!

Erin said...

Is it illegal to shoot at them? If not, start putting a pellet gun to use or find out what annoys the crap (no pun intended) out of the neighbors and do it to them until they agree to quit feeding the birds. Maybe you could lure in large tiger or something to take care of the problem...

MN Mom said...

I am so with ya on the pigeon thing! My neighbor has a huge nest up under her awning and one pair & babies, lives there and is a constant pain in my ass. They don't know how to get rid of them. Then down the street someone feeds them and there are about a hundred sitting on their roofs in the A.M. when I walk the dog. Thankfully, they haven't moved down here to my side...yet. I do want to buy a pellet gun and shoot them but how do you do it without putting out someones windows?