Sunday, September 21, 2008

Nothing Exciting

That about sums up the weekend. But that's good, too. I like when I have plenty of down time to do whatever I want and just relax after a stressful work week. To sum up, I had a lot of pool time, cleaned the house, did laundry, played with Wilson and read, read, read. I got 3 new books at the bookstore since I finished Great Expectations and now I'm halfway through Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson. Floating in the pool is optimal reading time so I go through books like crazy when I'm out there.

With a new week approaching I feel the need to set some goals. Didn't set any for the month and I can see the effects of that so for this week I want to get two swim sessions in (45 minutes each), 2 days running and another exercise day for whatever-maybe a regular gym workout. I would like to swim tomorrow morning before work since I've got bowling league in the evening and I sooo need to kick that up a notch. Enough with the sucky scores people! Time to shake things up.

Alright, I'm off to do something productive...Wilson could use a walk.

3 comments:

Sagan said...

Hope your plan with the goals works out for you! Somehow writing it down can make it all come together much better.

JavaChick said...

Love the sound of floating in the pool reading. Sadly, my weekend was not so relaxing.

Jess said...

I loved Snow Falling on Cedars, but I would NOT recommend the movie adaptation, nor would I recommend Gutterson's other novel, East of the Mountains.

What other books are on your "to read" list? We can discuss at bowling tonight.